Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Graphics Question

No it's not, but again it's been done. If that's the case and it's all changed, why not delete the threads or hide them to show that's its been done in the past.
    As with "where's the fun for you" - what about credit? The fact that I'd happily put on the video that you did the graphic. I have no problem with that.

Those people who responded as you would want were ignoring - or in ignorance of - the rules which were put in place for the reasons Steve states and because there was a load of people driving-by with "Can you make this logo spin" requests.
    It's nothing personal, just a justifiable rule of this forum [and others].
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

kk.
    so can anyone do a step by step instruction on how to convert said image attachment into 3d? bearing in mind I've never used the software and takes me a while to learn. I don't want a random google search, I need things explained in English.

A PDF from the master of spinning logos:-

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-Spinning-Logo
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

thats what I'm following atm

I'lll let you know now why I may seem a bit slow - I'm disabled with Cerebral Palsy and takes a bit more to understand these things

How about you import the file that sledger kindly gave you into your 3D maker, save, and then post the xara 3D file up here, together with details of anything else that you need to do other than spin itself - then one of us can give you instructions as to what to do next

[as an alternative to import you can open sledger's file in xtreme/designer and cut and paste into 3D maker...]

Perhaps this will help get him start to grasp things..
    It's nothing more than the absolute basics which he should be able to follow?

The original file I attached earlier had a hidden object which shouldn't ne there, so here's the same file without that object, use this one instead.
    phalanx.xar

Phalanx, sledger has gone to great lengths to help you. lShort of having the same font it looks to me like he has even gone so far as doing it for you. So I think you owe him a big thank you.
    We do not do freebies but provide all the guidance needed. If you think someone else has gotten more responses than you or gotten something done for them, it's because they have demonstrated the willingness to do the work or at least shown that they have tried.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Cheers, Larry.

It's only the vector drawn copy of his file.. The rest is up to him using Xara 3D Maker which the video shows how he can import the file attached and begin to create the animation he wants.
    He doesn't appear to have been back to see this, so it may well be too late for his agenda. Not to worry, there's always a chance someone else might get some clue from it

Agreed Steve. Someone might benefit from it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.