Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: CMS...ever?

Default CMS...ever?

I use Xara for 100% of the sites I create, but I also have lost business due to not being able to create a site where users can change their own content. Is there ever going to be a Xara Web Designer, or possibly another program created with the ease of WD that will allow database creation and backend management?

thanks!

Default Re: CMS...ever?

Is there ever going to be..

"Ever" is a long time. Who knows.

There is a basic CMS system created by talkgraphics member xtom that works with Xara products. It's mentioned on several CMS threads on talkgraphics.

I would think it unlikely that Xara Web Designer will develop in this way.

I have given up on xara creating a cms, I have realised that the creative freedom that xara gives you has a drawback and that is certain things just cannot be done. For this very reason I have resorted to hiring a wordpress expert to meet those needs (CMS etc) and I just use xara to personally create basic brochure sites or 4 or 5 pages, and for that market nothing, but nothing comes close to xara.

After all professionals realise that photoshop cannot do what indesign (or illustrator) does and vice versa, pick the right tool for the job.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk