Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illegal Nesting

Default Illegal Nesting

Just opened a site I made a couple of years ago with an earlier version of Xara Web Designer (now using WD Premium 8) and get an error message "Found potentially illegal nesting". Can anyone give me some advice on how I resolve this?

Thanks
    Charles

Default Re: Illegal Nesting

Usually this refers to shacking up with someone to whom one is not betrothed, but laws in Scotland might be different.

I have no idea what this error refers to. Does it cause the program to crash or the site not to publish? If not I would ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Usually this refers to shacking up with someone to whom one is not betrothed, but laws in Scotland might be different.

I have no idea what this error refers to. Does it cause the program to crash or the site not to publish? If not I would ignore it.
    Thanks for the imaginative interpretation Gary - could equally apply in Scotland!

I should have mentioned that the error code is displayed as soon as I open the site in Xara so I assume that Xara MX Pro 8 is seeing it as something incorrect and possibly something in the HTML code rules that have changed since the site was first created (in an earlier version of Xara) a couple of years ago. The site is still working OK for the client but is now not appearing in search engines and I wonder if this error may be causing the problem.

Any other thoughts will be welcomed.

Charles

Check the Website Properties menu and make sure you have added descriptive page titles, descriptions and keywords. And when you publish, you include the Website URL (see attached). This creates a site map which will help with the SEO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	website properties.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	93605  

Yes, these are all in place and completed, including web URL and have been for past year. Also all pages have meta words and descriptions.

Well using the Submit your URL to Google is always worth a try
    https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...=/addurl&pli=1

Close Xara and open regedit

Find ;
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\WebDesignerPremium \8.1\Options\Filters\TestForIllegalNesting and change the DWORD value to 0

Close regedit and then open your file.
    Check layers and group nestings, correct and resave, close Xara.
    Return to regedit and reset the DWORD value to 1

Thanks Sledger for the response. I have tried switching this test off and opening up the layers but everything seems to show up normally. I don't know what I should be looking for re the 'group nesting' or what might be 'illegal'.

Once opened in version 8, have you tried just re saving? Then close Xara, return to regedit and reset the DWORD value to 1

Re open the newly saved file in WDMX8, does the message still appear?

If so, I suggest you lodge a support ticket with Xara

support.xara.com

what you used to hosting your site, maybe it's worth to write hosting administrator of server validation?