Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default xara 3-D version 6 install error message

hello all, I was having trouble with an animation working on a particular website when previously it had been fine.
    I thought it was something to do with the software changes so I reset it and still no luck and I went to reinstall it and now are unable to there is an error message that the software is still running.
    It has all been deleted so cannot understand.
    I have an attachment of the error message.
    If anyone could assist would appreciate, regards Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara version 6 error.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	93590  

Default Re: xara 3-D version 6 install error message

Mark, did you try restarting your computer? Many times when I have such a problem, restart often fixes it. Other wise start the task manager and see if you can tell what process is still running and end that,
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Mark, did you try restarting your computer? Many times when I have such a problem, restart often fixes it. Other wise start the task manager and see if you can tell what process is still running and end that,
    hello Larry, I always restart after removing programs, I've used a cloning tool for the registry, there was a reference to version 6 in their but did not fix it even though it was removed.

I think I have tried the other suggestion but will have a look.

Thank you for all your other help with everything else, you are a champion, regards Mark

I cannot reinstall Webstyle 4, Xara 3D 6 or the other products: Menu Maker 1.1 or Menu Maker 1.1 Template Pack. I keep getting "DLL missing" and other errors. I had it on CD (which was lost in a major flood) but did transfer them to HD where I am trying to reinstall them from.

There are some odd-named DLL folders in the old install (on a HD I can't access the Internet from) but I don't know what programs they match up with, if any, or what I should do with them.

I'm running Vista with plenty of RAM and HD space.

HELP!!!

With Menu Maker I get this screen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menumaker-error on run.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	95275

This is what is in the DLL folder:

Name:	menumaker-dll-folder-contents.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	95276

You may need to reinstall MM by running the setup as administrator (right-click the setup file >> Run as Administrator)
    Once installed, right-click the desktop shortcut and again >> Run as Adminstrator

This will register the files on the system and write the necessary entries to the windows registry

I also get the same thing with WebStyle 4 when I try to reinstall it w/FrontPage extensions:

Name:	webstyle 4 dll error.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	95277

These are the folders in my Xara program folder:

Name:	Xara folders.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	95278

Unfortunately, I don't even see a forum for Webstyle!

HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You may need to reinstall MM by running the setup as administrator (right-click the setup file >> Run as Administrator)
    Once installed, right-click the desktop shortcut and again >> Run as Adminstrator

This will register the files on the system and write the necessary entries to the windows registry
    Thanks. I tried that - I install all my software as admin even though I'm the only user. Additionally, I seem to have completely disappeared from Xara's records - I can't re-register anything. I get taken to a purchase page - no way to put in my S/N.

Doesn't matter if you're the only user, some older software needs this additional step (right-click the setup file >> Run as Administrator) due to UAC which was introduced with Windows Vista

It appears your only recourse is to lodge a support ticket with Xara

http://support.xara.com