Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Disappearing Fonts in Xara Products

Thanks for that helpful advice, Gary.

Default Re: Disappearing Fonts

Removing update KB2753842 did indeed (after a reboot) fix the issue. Hopefully Microsoft will issue a new patch that will fix any other issue(s) without trashing type1 (open type) font use in Xara, Corel, and other associated apps.

If you need assistance in removing the patch let me know.

I deleted the 12/13/12 MS Win updates. I performed a system restore to an eariler date, and still fonts are missing. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?? Thanks, Lew

Lew—

The KB2753842 will continue to reinstall itself unless you choose the Control Panel options I outlined in Post #40.

You can also choose to hide it on this page, by right-clicking over the entry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hide details.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	93532

-g

I hope there's a solution to 'KB2753842' soon.
    I too have uninstalled that update.

So, I wonder what the dangers are of not having this update?

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

There's more information here

http://graphics-unleashed.unleash.co...ws-update.html

Hello,

this happens also to German Versions PC (XP SP3) with (German) Xara or Magix Version. Did loose fonts on Magix Graphic Designer MX and even back to "old" XARA Xtreme 5 Pro.

After uninstall Security Update for Windows XP (KB2753842) and change automatic updates to manualy and reboot I am glad it is gone ;-)

Glad also to find this thread and the solution.

Thanks to all.

TomTom

Hope MS will fix it soon ;-)

Here Japan also happens and I uninstall Windows 7 for x64-Based Systems 用 Security Program (KB2753842) , it looks nice!!
    Thanks!!
    Hallo from Japan, Osaka.

YUMI SAIKI

Default Help! My fonts have disappeared

I am hoping one of you expert users can help me.

I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 2013. I'm not a pro user by any means; I use it just enough to get by making buttons and banners and simple things like that.

My site graphics have used a particular font for several years which I have had no problem using in 2013 up until very, very recently.

I went into edit the text on a banner message and the font I created it in can no longer be seen. I have to guess at where the text used to be in order to select it and the only way I can see what it says is to change to a different font entirely (which changes the whole personality of my site and which I don't wish to do). When I scan down the list of fonts, there are several gaps where there are fonts missing front the list. That is, there are large areas of white space intermittently where fonts are supposed to be and where their place is marked, but it's just blank space, you can't see the names.

I will attempt to upload a screenshot to show you what I mean. The button in the screenshot is supposed to have text that is done in Gotham Black. However, it is now disappeared and if you look in the font sidebar, you will see what I mean about the empty whitespace where it used to be clearly shown.

Does anyone know what on earth has happened or caused this, and/or what I can do to fix this?! I would have to change my entire site design if I can get this font working again in XPGD 2013, which I am obviously loathe to do. Your help is appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZZZ 2012.12.17 07.39.16 PM.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	93574  

Default Re: Help! My fonts have disappeared

Hi,

This is probably related to a known issue which has been discussed for several days here;

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-Xara-Products

Xara are also very aware and are looking at what they might do from their end..