Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I go to export as a GIF, in the export dialogue box there is the facility for making colours transparent, the 'make colour transparent' button.

If I have a bitmap and put a circle behind in say the same green as a web page, then feather the bitmap and move to front, I want the feather region to blend into the page background colour after I export as a gif, the way i would do this would be the same as for getting crisp edge in 3D4, with me?

My problem is that the export box won't let me get rid of the background colour and still leaves the coloured box or circle, albeit slightly changed in hue. I want to get a feathered edge bitmap with a 'coloured' feather region to blend.

The tutorial movie shows it as being possible and shows the preview as becoming transparent when selected.

Regards
    Stewart

When I go to export as a GIF, in the export dialogue box there is the facility for making colours transparent, the 'make colour transparent' button.

If I have a bitmap and put a circle behind in say the same green as a web page, then feather the bitmap and move to front, I want the feather region to blend into the page background colour after I export as a gif, the way i would do this would be the same as for getting crisp edge in 3D4, with me?

My problem is that the export box won't let me get rid of the background colour and still leaves the coloured box or circle, albeit slightly changed in hue. I want to get a feathered edge bitmap with a 'coloured' feather region to blend.

The tutorial movie shows it as being possible and shows the preview as becoming transparent when selected.

Regards
    Stewart

That sounds like a bug that appeared in the CD version. If so, it was fixed in the patch. You can download the patch from Xara.com

Alison,

I'm using the patch with the cd version.

I think it is me though. XX doesn't, apparently, give you the facility of colour tolerance, like deleting colours in a 15% tolerance from that you picked. I tried it with just two colours and that seemed to do the trick, but what a palaver, and it makes you wonder how much is the facility then worth if you can't select the bakcground for transparency without it just being changed to a different hue.

Regards
    Stewart