Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: In Memory of Bill Taylor (Soquili) 1949-2012

I am so very, very sorry and send deepest sympathies to Bill's family. He was so generous with his time and experience - his friendly and patient advice will be sadly missed by us all. We have lost a good friend.

Over the last two days, I've been reflecting on Bill's superlative contribution to the Xara/TalkGraphics community. While his knowledge, skill and willingness to help have been among the highest, his reliable evenhandedness was an expression of the ideals of the community to an extent that's almost unmatched. That's the biggest part of the hole he leaves as he moves on.

Some years back, Bill posted a self-portrait of himself as a Native American. I was already aware that that heritage was an aspect he was exploring, so I accepted the drawing as a truthful reflection of his physical appearance. Over the years, I've persistently pictured him as resembling the portrait even when it's been contradicted by photos I've seen since that time. It seems that while that self-portrait may not have been an accurate physical reflection, it was a truthful representation of his soul.

Rest in Peace, Soquili. We'll miss you terribly.

Allison

I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of, Bill. He was one of the best. Condolences to Bill's family.

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I am really saddened by his passing. As stated over and over he was indeed kind, helpful, encouraging and a gentleman. His even guiding hand gave this forum a much needed stability.

Judi Assony

So very sad to hear about Bill, a true xara legend who was always on hand to offer advice and most importantly words of encouragment to us newcomers, I have read a lot of the posts Bill made as I loved to see what he would post, so deeply saddened by this news. My condolences to Bill's family and my prayers and of all the people at our office are with his family and friends, God bless.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Bill will be missed by all who knew him or even acquainted with him. He was a very kind soul.
    My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I'm grateful for Bob's help and patience over the years. Top bloke, as we say over here.

R.I.P Bill - sad news at this time of year - didnt really know you but I knew of you which says it all - thoughts go out to all your family and friends at this sad time - I hope someone has "Uploaded" a copy of Xara up to the heavenly place you now reside :-)

You will be missed fella !!

What sad news. Bill was such a kind and generous person, and has helped me so much over the years. He seemed to be awake 24 hours a day! He was always there when you needed a tip or a trick, or just some motivation. He knew Xara inside out back to front and all the way around, and yet he was very modest and open to the ideas of others.

My condolences to Bill's family. It will not be easy now. But I hope that knowing the affection in which he was held here, and the respect he commanded, will offer some comfort. We are all thinking of them.

To live in the hearts of others is not to die.

Sending my love,

Ali

Just happened to see the news.

My condolences on the loss of our dear Soquili. He was a tireless helper to all of those in the Xara community.

You might be gone, but there's no chance that you'll be forgotten!

Rest In Peace, Bill

James