Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: In Memory of Bill Taylor (Soquili) 1949-2012

I will never forget Bill. He was such a helpful and kind soul, always ready with a kind word or useful advice. Bill was one of the foundations of the Xara user based community providing assistance at both forums and through the XaReg application. The Xara community is a richer place for having known Bill and a poorer place for having lost his voice. I will miss you Bill. I hope you go on to a better place.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Sad news indeed. Rest well, Bill. You were ever helpful to any and all here on TG.

Sad to hear the news, my condolences to his family. Bill helped many of us on this community with his knowledge and expertise. He was also a valued member of the beta team. Thank you Bill for all your help over the years.

Bhavesh

You know, a “cliché” isn’t just a worn-out phrase. A cliché gets to be one because through time, it holds up to scrutiny. The word has gotten a bad rap. Sometimes, when we’re at a loss for words, a cliché can provide the exact sentiment, appropriateness, and tone.

So I apologize if the following sounds like a cliché.

Bill Taylor has gone to a much better place now. He’s free of the mortal shackles that caused him so much pain and he’s wearing a smile on his face right now. It seems like there’s some Cosmic Justice that Bill went to Heaven at Christmas, because I imagine it must be a wondrous event over there.

Bill, we’re going to print your gallery and the sentiments from your friends and fellow members, and mail them to your sister and you mom, but you already know that, don’t you?

Please check in on us every once in a while to see how we’re doing.

Thanks, friend.

—gary

Soquili that was sure of foot and broad of back; with dignity and patience and understanding that some of us just don't have.

We shall all miss you Bill, your knowledge, your unselfish helpfulness, your downright down to earth kindness in giving to us so much.

Very sad news. Bill has been around Talkgraphics as long as i can remember. It´s one of those members who are synonymous of Talkgraphics, Xara community and friendship. I will miss him.
    My deepest sympathy and condolences to Bill´s family and friends.

Miguel B.

To Bill's family: So sorry for your loss. Bill was the first person from this forum that I "conversed" with via the personal messages. Once I saw Red Boiling Springs I had to get in touch. I have friends from that area and vacationed there every summer as a kid. Bill was a super guy and he will be missed by many. RIP Bill.
    Joe

What a terrible shock. Bill always stood as a rock within these forums, willing to offer his ever helpful advice to any member old or new. He was always even-handed in his Moderators role despite any hardships he was going through in his private life. I knew Bill over many years and considered him a friend.

I did a search and found his first post. It happens to be very seasonal, being posted on the 6th December 2000. It was an animated candle, which is very apt. So I'll repost Bills first Xara effort in his memory.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bills_candle.gif 
Views:	253 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	93502  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I always felt Bill's posts with answers were very friendly and always helpful.
    A very sad loss for the community and his family.
    Sincere condolences to all who new him,
    Peter

I am truely shocked and saddened by Bill's passing. He was so helpful and such a gentleman. He will be greatly missed here at talkgraphics. It will never be the same without him. RIP Bill.