Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: In Memory of Bill Taylor (Soquili) 1949-2012

Just wanted to offer my condolences. Although I didn't know Bill personally, I felt moved to say something here because he came across as such a genuinely helpful person, whose advice you could trust through his depth of knowledge and experience. I will always marvel at the simplicity and ingenuity of his RGB colour wheel. Rest in peace Bill.

Bill, this is just not fair. May you find peace.

Soquili is an Native American Indian name. Bill was part Native American and was proud of his heritage. He joined TalkGraphics in 2000. But before that he was one of the people who always took a moment to send comments on work I had done in the Xara Xone. Bill also participated in every group show proudly sharing his most recent creations. I was happy to see his Xara skills develop over the years.

Here is one of Bill's more ambition efforts http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/...01/html/30.htm

Bill was also a very gentle man and a gentleman. He was measured and calm in his responses, which is not always easy in a forum that is a mixture of people and temperaments from all over the globe. But Bill helped everybody and was generous with his time and his knowledge of Xara and the intricacies of IT (Information Technology), which was the field in which he worked.

Bill helped old and new members almost every day. Will miss you Bill. And thanks for everything you did for our special Xara community. Your too early death leaves a big heart shaped hole in our world.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 12 December 2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typos

This is very sad news. I've seen Bill help me and many others on TG. He was a great member of this forum and a very good friend to many of us.
    My condolences and sympathy to Bill's family.

Oh dear. Since reading this yesterday, my thoughts have been muddled. My sincere sympathy and prayers go out to Bill's family.

Always a gentleman as Gary wrote.

Best regards, Mike

Bill was what I have always thought of as the epitome of American culture. If anything big is going down in the world America is the first to help, you can see this by the big USA letters printed on the sacks of food aid. Just like Bill he was always the first to help with our Xara problems and from what I hear he has helped people with other concerns too. There is a big hole in the Xara community and it will take quite some time to heal. My heartfelt condolences to Bill’s family, he will be sadly missed on our world stage.
    Stay with your ancestors Bill for a time which is not a time in a place that is not a place until such you are born again young and strong.Our thoughts are with you...

This is all very sudden.

My sympathy for his family.
    indeed, even through an internet forum his generous personality showed a lot.

Marc

With shock and sadness I read the announcement of Bill's death.

I didn't really have a personal relationship with him but I was always impressed by his kind and patient support of all forum participants and I, of course, used his famous XaReg.

I wish Bill's family and friends strength with this loss.

Dear Bill,

You will remain in my memory as a generous, caring, and talented person. There will be many folks, the world over, that will keep you in their hearts.

Your passing is a great loss for the TalkGrahphics Forum and the Xara community.

My deepest condolences to your family,
    John Clements
    Beaverton, Oregon

What a shock to read the sad news of Bill's passing. A generous, talented and patient man who always had time for any poster on the forum, new or old. He simply never gave up trying to help anyone who had a question, no matter how trivial the question. One of the pioneers of this forum he had vast knowledge about any subject raised here and would always come up with intelligent and helpful suggestions. A great great loss.

Bill, you will be sorely missed by everyone here and all those who have had the privilege to know you. Rest In Peace.

My sincere condolences to your family and friends.

Sammy

I just wanted to add my condolences to this memorial thread. I was very saddened when I heard of Bill's sudden passing and wanted to say how much his presence here on Talkgraphics was valued by all and how much he will now be missed. He was always willing to give advice and comment enthusiastically on the work of experienced users and newbie's alike and always did so in a sprit of friendship that did him and his family credit.
    I hope some fitting memorial to Bill will now become a permanent part of this forum. He certainly deserves it.

Derek
    Last edited by masque; 11 December 2012 at 07:22 PM.