Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default In Memory of Bill Taylor (Soquili) 1949-2012

Moderator and friend Bill Taylor, known here as Soquili, died this morning after a short illness. Bill tirelessly contributed to the Xara community both as a moderator and as a programmer of the Xara customization utility, XaReg. Most recently, he was a moderator in the TalkGraphics forums: Xara Graphics Chat, Xara Webstyle, and Adobe software. He leaves many friends here in the TalkGraphics and the Xara community at large who will miss him dearly.

Bill lived in Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee with his mother and sister. Funeral arrangements have not been made yet, but are expected to be private. Condolences can be sent directly to Bill’s family at the following address:

The Family of Billy J Taylor
    3966 Jimtown Rd
    Red Boiling Springs, TN 37150-3000

We invite you to post your condolences to his family in this remembrance thread and to share with them your memories of Bill. Bill’s family does not get on line much, and we will be sending a print-out of your posts to them by regular mail.

Thanks for everything Bill.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: In Memory of Bill Taylor (Soquili) 1949-2012

How very sad! Bill helped me personally on numerous occasions and generously shared with us all his deep knowledge of Xara programs and computers in a friendly, even handed way. He will be sorely missed but remembered with fondness.

Quite rightly proud of his heritage, he's with his ancestors now. RIP Bill and thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batmobile_by_soquili.png 
Views:	523 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	93484

One of my favourite creations by Bill
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Bill and I became good friends during our moderator years at TG which grew into an on line friendship where we spent many hours chatting via Gtalk about things in our lives, discussing common interests and had lots of laughs about a great many topics. Together we collaborated on the small Xara utility that Bill named 'XaReg' and which Bill was very heartened to see so many people gain use from.
    In recent times he was put under a lot of pressure looking after his ill mother and then his bereaved sister who lost her husband to cancer.

I'll miss Bill a lot, he was part of the Xara landscape, part of my on line life, part of the team of contributors of both forums and for too short a time, a friend.

RIP Bill..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bjt.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	93485  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 December 2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: typos

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Bill will be truly missed by all, he was one of the first members to welcome me to TG when I first joined and he also helped me on numerous occasions. I remember when I was first starting out with Xara Bill stayed online late one evening to help me with an animation I was working on, it wasn't until I finally got it working right that He said that it was getting late, I looked at the clock and realized that it was after 11:30 here which would have made it nearly 2am in Tennesee. Bill was always there and willing to help anyone who needed it. Bill will be forever in our hearts, God rest his soul.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. My deepest sympathies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Sadly, I want to express my deepest sympathy, condolences and prayers to Bill's family and friends. Bill was a mannered gentleman, always positive and helpful and he certainly will be missed. Rest in Peace, Bill.
    ~Fred

To me Bill was one of the corner stones of TalkGraphics. He was always here for as long as I can remember and always ready to help. Bill you will be missed, and forever in our minds and hearts. Yes I remember Bill and his Bat-mobile avatar. God bless Bill. My deepest sympathy, condolences and prayers to Bill's family.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Here are a couple of images that Bill did.

Name:	Christmas Ornament.png 
Views:	473 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	93486

Name:	w3.png 
Views:	437 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	93487
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Oh so sorry to hear that news! I take this opportunity to offer my condolences to Bill's close family...I will miss him although I didn't personally know him, I admired hime greatly.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

My condolences to Bill's Family - we will all miss him so much, he was always willing to help others.

Christine

This is so very sad news....As Frances said, Bill was one of the very first to welcome me to this forum and as a newbie that meant so much.

Though I only knew Bill through this forum, he somehow made you feel comfortable, always gave a very willing hand in so many ways, whether in using his programming skill on XarReg or one to one, to help and just made you important.

There is no question he will be missed greatly. My sincerest condolences to Bill's family and my heartfelt prayers for them and Bill. May God be with you all.
    Last edited by Karateed; 11 December 2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Too sad to get it right the first time
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11