Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designs for Xara 3D maker 7

I'm trying to make my own designs for Xara 3D maker 7. I have been saving them in windows meta file (wmf) like the help page says. But they won't load when I try to open them in the program. Can I have some instructions on importing my own designs?

Thanks,
    pslane

Default Re: Designs for Xara 3D maker 7

What program are you using to create the designs?

The ones I tried were made in PSPX4 and saved as a metafile.

hello there, I also was a bit tired of running out of designs and am now using either photo and graphic designer 2013 and Web designer premium 7.
    You can create designs, put them into xara 3-D.
    I was making a number of banners, square and round rotatable and adding pictures as text, instead of previously making anywhere between six and 12 now it cuts down to 6 because I can put a photo on each side that is different thanks to the help of a lot of wonderful users on the website forum which had the patience to help me out in the beginning.
    Now I don't need to even look at the instructions again.
    I'm not sure if that's what you want to do, but sounds similar, making different designs, I just wanted something I could write on one side and put the picture on the other, or to pictures
    which were different on each side.
    Anyway hope this helps, I'm a quadriplegic and it makes a whole lot of time-saving, regards Mark

what the help file does not make absolutely clear is that they must be 100% vector wmf, and that is not going to be the case exporting from PSP AFAIK [I stopped at ver 9 of that program] - you can try importing the wmf into xara designer and see what you get - if it's bitmap [photo] it won't load into 3D maker you can only use it as texture on an underlying vector shape that you will have to make separately...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

What you could try (I just tried it and it works) is create your design in a vector drawing program such as XDPX copy that shape then open X3D and paste there and save it as an X3D file. Then go to where your X3D program is on your computer and open the designs folder and put your X3D design there. Now it will be in the designs gallery in all it's glory and you can select that design. I know this is a round a bout way of doing it but it's the only way I can think of at the moment.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.