Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: publishing website EMERGENCY

The Web Properties entry for sub folder might well look like this in that case ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webprops02.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	93356

if not, try without /home
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by andymack View Post
    What Dreamhost is telling you, is that you have uploaded your files to the wrong place on their server, which means you only have to log into Dreamhost and move them. On the Dreamhost side, click on 'home' then click on 'dawnolivo' click on 'hlhas.com' and inside THAT directory, drag your website into there. We will see how you get on by checking your website!
    Andymack, I see no "home" to click on. If I did, I wouldn't know what you mean my "drag your website into there". ok, I know you all want to beat your head agaisnt a wall everytine you read my posts and you're probably thinking "my lord, this woman needs to find another hobby", I don't blame you one bit. I"m about to give one of you my login info so you can do it for me..... ARG!

Look at what John has posted in the previous post to yours.

This is how you need to set up your Publish Settings (Website Properties > Publish). Add your FTP address, user name (provided by your web host) and then your password. It should work now.

Leave the files you have already published where they are. Maybe the tech people at your web host can delete them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Look at what John has posted in the previous post to yours.

This is how you need to set up your Publish Settings (Website Properties > Publish). Add your FTP address, user name (provided by your web host) and then your password. It should work now.

Leave the files you have already published where they are. Maybe the tech people at your web host can delete them for you.
    I tried it with subfolder /dawnolivo/hlhas.com/ and it gave me error message NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY.

got the same message - NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY - when I entered /home/dawnolivo/hlhas.com/

Try leaving out the first /

What would get you where you want to be is to call your web hosting company, open the Publish Properties menu, and have them tell you exactly what to place in each text box. You are very close. I can feel it. Honest.

Try this Dawn:

video1

then

video2

And the uploaded example page:

http://www.parkeston.com/dolivio/
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 02 December 2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: correcting url's
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg, just to avoid any confusion your point #3 should be export to local computer, not publish
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Yes quite correct John. Noticed that after creation. So Dawn, 3 should be "Export Website" NOT "Publish your website"
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I could be wrong but it could be that Dolivo is getting confused by export/publish. I did at first ... export to me meant leaving the machine and sending to the host's machine. That's why I was wanting a view of her exported file in it's folder on her computer.