Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: publishing website EMERGENCY

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Try leaving out the first /

What would get you where you want to be is to call your web hosting company, open the Publish Properties menu, and have them tell you exactly what to place in each text box. You are very close. I can feel it. Honest.
    Gary - I'm with you on this. It's important for a beginner to learn how to use the built in publisher in Xara. Trying to get them to learn FTP first is a recipe for disaster.

I'd like to see the Web Properties Screen Capture. That path looks odd to me.

Gary

Hi All! I am going to start trying all your suggestions and will get back to you asap. got some domestic stuff on the homefront to pay attention to first like providing the kids with clean clothes and grocery shopping! Hopefully will get a chance by tomorrow afternoon to sit back down at the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by V12CatMan View Post
    ...I'd like to see the Web Properties Screen Capture. That path looks odd to me...
    Yes ... the hilas.com bit in particular ... perhaps that alone is the sub folder??
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Try this Dawn:

video1

then

video2

And the uploaded example page:

http://www.parkeston.com/dolivio/
    egg, I wish I could say your videos worked magic because I SO appreciate your taking the time to make them just for me. Unfortunatly, I followed each step and still nothing. I included some screen shots below. As for the info I put in when I tried to publish, I used every option I could think of:
    ftp.hlhas.com
    hlhas.com
    paris.dreamhost.com (suggested by my webhost)

for the subfolder I used: /home/dawnolivo/hlhas.com/ and /dawnolivo/hlhas.com/
    EVERYTIME I put these into the subfolder option it tells me no such file directory exists.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot 1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	93365Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot 2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	93366

Hi Dawn, try it with no sub directory.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Dolivo - did you try the sub folder as I suggested without the first forward slash? home/dawnolivo/hlhas.com/

egg, yes I tried it with no sub directory

gwpriester, yes I tried it without the first forward slash

I think that if you try and just put things in without a basis of understanding what is happening, it's going to be very hit and miss indeed.

You might wish consider trusting one of the moderators here with your FTP details, I suspect they could solve the mystery in a few minutes. It's usually fairly easy to diagnose these things with FileZilla if you understand what you are seeing on the server. Of course you'd need a tame and helpful moderator..

Just a thought.

DO NOT provide those details on the forum.

Trust me. I'm a moderator.

Actually, if you want to PM me with your settings from your web host, including your password, I will be happy to try out the connection. You can change your passwords as soon as I have finished or trust the fact that a 70 year old does not retain much these days and leave it as it is.

pauland and gwpriester, I think you are right. I have already responded to a private message offer from one of the people trying to help me and he is trying to solve the problem. Hopefully when it's fixed, he can let everyone know what the problem and solution was. You've all been so great the last few days trying to help me, I really appreciate it so much!