Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: publishing website EMERGENCY

Dolivo, do you have a friend that is comfortable working with computers? maybe they can come round and help you out?

Also, if you have published your files successfully, and your web host's tech dept says all the new files are there, then perhaps the old page is cached in your computer and this is why you are not seeing the new content.

Try pressing F5 or Ctrl + F5.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Dolivo, do you have a friend that is comfortable working with computers? maybe they can come round and help you out?
    Pauland, that's what Im trying to do now. Trying to find someone who can help me in person.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Also, if you have published your files successfully, and your web host's tech dept says all the new files are there, then perhaps the old page is cached in your computer and this is why you are not seeing the new content.

Try pressing F5 or Ctrl + F5.
    gwpriester, I tried it, no luck. But thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolivo View Post
    THANK YOU for your answer. But I have done this. Many times. it does not work. Something is off. Something is not working as it should. I can't pinpoint it. My host has double checked. says everything is fine. I have gone through the Xara publishing steps many times. This is why I desperatly need to SPEAK to someone.
    Start by getting a screenshot of the directory where you exported the files to and post it here. We need to see all the file names (not icons). Then tell us what you're entering in the publish screen for ftp address and also what boxes you have checked on the publish screen.

Now these may be dumb questions.
    1. After you set the options in the web properties dialogue for publishing are you clicking "Apply" then "Ok"?
    2. Are you then choosing the menu option to publish the website?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by V12CatMan View Post
    Start by getting a screenshot of the directory where you exported the files to and post it here. We need to see all the file names (not icons). Then tell us what you're entering in the publish screen for ftp address and also what boxes you have checked on the publish screen.

Now these may be dumb questions.
    1. After you set the options in the web properties dialogue for publishing are you clicking "Apply" then "Ok"?
    2. Are you then choosing the menu option to publish the website?

Gary
    Hi Gary, you said "Start by getting a screenshot of the directory where you exported the files to and post it here. We need to see all the file names (not icons)." I"m sorry, I have no idea how to make a screenshot, and I don't understand what you mean by directory of exported files. (sorry, I am inexperienced with this stuff)

And to answer your possible dumb questions... yes to both. I'm sorry to be such a pain. I am good at the creative design part of building websites, not this stuff.

Directory = folder (on your computer)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

How to take screenshot :-

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

PS I use FastStone for screenshots - wouldn't be without it. Really useful for times like this as the image appears in FastStone's editor straight away and then you just save to desktop or wherever
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 01 December 2012 at 02:14 AM.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    How to take screenshot :-

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm

PS I use FastStone for screenshots - wouldn't be without it. Really useful for times like this as the image appears in FastStone's editor straight away and then you just save to desktop or wherever
    THanks! I tried it out and know how to do it. Tomorrow I will try to do screenshots and show you step by step what I'm doing. I hope agaisnt hope that you can catch what I'm doing wrong!

Hang in there. We'll get through this.