Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

" BTW, how did you become a beta tester? What is required to be one? I do beta testing and documentation for several programs (I'm good at finding bugs, I think), and I'd certainly love to beta test the next version of Xara." - Rubem Pechansky

Rubem,

Combination of Luck, and being around when the programmers needed it. I recieved an email from Charles inviting me to be a beta tester. I jumped at the chance and tried everything I knew while testing. I never thought to go back through all 5000+ posts and looking for bugs. I am pretty sure they had several beta testers, but I am the only one who has confessed to being one so far.

Stick around the forum and post regularily and you too just might get selected to work your tail off testing. All the bugs that I have seen are from areas I rarely if ever mess with. Sorry if these areas are your bread and butter.
    John/DOT

Hiya John,

Just sent you a PM, hope I got your address right. Check your box! No, not that box!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I think you are forgetting one important point here ... and that is ... they are practically GIVING you the upgrade ... a meer $29.00 US. That is about the price a good lunch! I have no compaints. Cheers ... :-)

the wiz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rubem Pechansky:
    Michael wrote:

[QUOTE]On the whole, I'm not that enthusiastic about X1. It seems to me a half finished product with some icons refreshed... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>