Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 3D Maker 7 crashes when exporting uncompressed AVI

My target system (an electronic sign) has a slow processor and there is a long pause when it needs to decompress an AVI file. I've tried to export uncompressed AVI files from 3D Maker 7 but the program crashes every time (Windows 7). Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Default Re: 3D Maker 7 crashes when exporting uncompressed AVI

Quote Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
    My target system (an electronic sign) has a slow processor and there is a long pause when it needs to decompress an AVI file. I've tried to export uncompressed AVI files from 3D Maker 7 but the program crashes every time (Windows 7). Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
    Yes, I am having the same exact problem under Windows XP!

I'm also producing videos for an LED sign. What I'm doing to work around it for now is create the video compressed at high quality. Then I pull that video into my video editor, and render from there with no compression.

Since I'm pullilng different animations from 3D maker into a single video for the LED sign I need to take this route anyway. But it would be a lot nicer if 3D maker didn't crash rendering uncompressed AVI files.

I've posted a help ticket, but given that there were no replies to this message for a long time I don't expect that a solution will be forthcoming.

Default Re: 3D Maker 7 crashes when exporting uncompressed AVI

Welcome to TalkGraphics both of you

Please note that Xara is a small company with big products. Their tech support people are limited so it might take some time to get a response. But they will get back to you. Perhaps just not as fast as you (or any of us) would like.