Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding old xara clipart to XDPro X design gallery

Having upgraded on numerous occasions, now with XDPro X, there is a lot of old clipart folders which don't appear any longer in Pro X that I'd like to add to the Design gallery. I've copied the old Xara clipart folders into the clipart folder for Pro X and tried navigating to them via Disc designs and clicking Add but nothing happens, no new (old) clipart folders appearing in the Designs gallery - what am I missing?

Have tried searching through the forums but so far haven't come across the answer.
    Thanks
    Hilary

Default Re: Adding old xara clipart to XDPro X design gallery

When you select the clip art folder in the older version, open the folder and there should be XaraInfo folder. Select this folder then click Update.

If I recall correctly get disk fills and navigate to where the clip art is that you want, select a folder and click OK or whatever then a new folder should show up in the fills list. Sorry but without access to my software I can't check, but, if there are numerous folders that you want to add, then you need to do this for each folder.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I just want to add that you need to add each individual folder separately, for example in older versions using the disc designs button you have to open the nested folders within the clipart folder and then open the folder you want to add so that you see the Xara info folder that Gary mentioned and then add the folder to the gallery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Many thanks for replies, will try adding the Xarainfo folder
    Hilary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

No you don't want to add the Xara info folder, you want to add the individual folder that contains the clipart and the Xara info folder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.