Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've been doing some older tutorials that are new to me and been experimenting with a filter Transparency: Eliminate White/Eliminate Black. The tutorial was done when it was PSP 5, I've now got PSP 8.1. I've had every version of PSP since 4 except for 5. I could not get the filter to work on the Black and White pencil sketch. Instead of converting to Greyscale, I finally just left it as a full color (16 million colors-24 bit) and just made Hue/Saturation/Lightness -100 on Saturation, then the filter will work in Ver. 8.10. I tried the tutorial in PSP 6 and it worked without worrying about if it was a Greyscale image or a desaturated image. But Transparency: Eliminate White/Black will only work in Ver. 8.10 if it is 24 bit image. Just passing along this tidbit incase it was driving any one else crazy.Pencil Sketching
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pencilClrBW.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	5159  
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Hi Sally,
    Did you forget the following step she had in the tut...."We want the final pencil image to be in shades of gray, so this is as good a time as any to do that. Simply go to Colors: Grey Scale. Then increase the color depth back to 16 million colors (Colors, Increase Color Depth: 16 Million Colors"
    IP

When I couldn't get the filter to work, I did the tutorial in PSP 6 and didn't have a problem with the image being grayscale. I am good at reading but a lot on tutorials I skim and get to the meat. I did miss that part, but now I won't forget because it frustrated me for a while. A lot of filters don't work unless they are 16 million colors. I was tired. Haven't we all been there and done that?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gifI'm that way most of the time these days....I think it is an age thing http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif
    IP