Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anyone using Xara to create vector illustrations for microstock sites?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone is using Xara to make cartoons and illustrations for sale on microstock sites such as Dreamstime, Fotolia etc. Would the files produced by Xara be acceptable for these sites? (they seem to be fairly heavily biased towards illustrator, as far as I could make out). And is it worth trying to make a few bucks this way, or is the market already oversaturated? Tips and advice welcome!

Cheers
    Manoj

Default Re: Anyone using Xara to create vector illustrations for microstock sites?

No not .xar files most that I have used wan't .eps, PDF or .ai files. I use a copy of Illy to check my files produced in Xara you could use Acro Reader or any PDF maker to check your .eps files. One remark that I would say is keep them simple when it comes to use some of Xara transparencies, drop shadows or complex fills if you are selling them as stock vectors.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Anyone using Xara to create vector illustrations for microstock sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    No not .xar files most that I have used wan't .eps, PDF or .ai files. I use a copy of Illy to check my files produced in Xara you could use Acro Reader or any PDF maker to check your .eps files. One remark that I would say is keep them simple when it comes to use some of Xara transparencies, drop shadows or complex fills if you are selling them as stock vectors.
    Thanks Albacore, yes I meant eps and ai files, should have specified. Good point to keep them simple!