Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New iPad mini

Default New iPad mini

Seems that if you need to make more money, you make things smaller!

Apple are releasing the iPad mini.
    It's smaller, and reputed to be faster.

iPad mini

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: New iPad mini

It's called in advertising and marketing "line extension" where you try to have a product at a variety of different price points.

You have the iPhone, then the smaller iPad, then the iPad, then the various Macintosh products.

They also have to compete with the Android devices which because of the competition and number of manufactures can offer a product that is as good as if not better for less money.

And they are trying to neutralize the Microsoft Surface which provides a keyboard and provides more bang for the buck.

And they have to try to take away from the introduction of Windows 8.

I thought the introduction of the mini was pretty impressive and the comparison with the market competitor very effective - bringing things home that aren't immediately obvious to the buyer when making choices. Besides an iPad, I have a Blackberry Playbook and I've always thought it was a great size for a lot of applications/uses - particularly for urban situations where people are travelling. The master stroke, I think was having a larger screen (compared to competitors) in the small form factor and retaining compatibility with existing iPad apps.

I was expecting to be bored, but I was pleasantly surprised, after all.

it's going to be the same concept like the samsung galaxy note cause buyers are also looking for something more portable. it might be a great product to be sold.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm waiting to see what the price will be on the MS Surface that will run a full version of Windows which will come out early next year. They say it will run any windows program, which makes me think that it could be a great thing for Xara. I'm thinking for husband and myself it would allow us to go to a meeting with a client and be able to show them their job on screen and to be able to make changes on the fly right there! It will be a lot smaller and lighter than a full size laptop and yet no need for special apps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Frances, small screens and software that requires precision is fine with a mouse. A tablet using fingers as a pointer, really needs software that is created for use in that environment. Fingers aren't precise.

I don't think that running windows is enough to get a good experience using Xara on a tablet. I'd try it first before buying a tablet with the intention of using Xara on it.

I don't know, but I'd suspect that a small netbook would provide a better experience than Xara on a tablet.

All conjecture, of course.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I believe the full windows surface will support using a stylus, I'm not sure exactly how it will work in regards to pressure sensitivity I guess time will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by DOAADI View Post
    haha.. did you see this part " Look as silly as a Galaxy Note II "

Time for a new computer and thinking about shifting gears from a PC to a Mac. Can Xara products run on an Apple Mac?