Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I can't change the unit defaut in options

I purchased Xara 8 in June but now have a new computer. I downloaded the program to my new computer and all seemed to be okay with the install, but I can't change the unit default from millimeters to inches. In fact I can't change the units to anything; it keeps reverting back to millimeters. Then I tried changing the font default and it changed it to millimeters no matter which unit I chose. I don't know if any of the other options can be changed. I generally change them as I need them. Should I uninstall it and try again? I lost my CD copy to theft and have to use the online download. This is very frustrating. Thanks.

Default Re: I can't change the unit defaut in options

before you re-install right click the dektop icon and run as administrator - you only need to do this once.

If that fails to correct the issue the do the same with the install program.

Christine

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi dionesiamn, To change the page and font units you need to go into the program options which you will find under Utilities>options. On the units tab change the units to what you need and click OK This will set the units for the current document. If you want you can save the current document as a template (File>save template ) In the save template dialogue you can check save as default and this will become your default template which will open when you go file > New or click the new document button.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks, I know how to change the units and other customizations. I have been a xara user for 15+ years. The problem is the program won't allow me to make the change. When I click on the drop down menu to select "inches" it just reverts back to "millimeters." It works great on my ols computer but not on ths new one. I'm running this on a Windows 7 platform. The instructions said you only have to install as administrator when using Windows XP. Grrr. This is frustrating.

There is 2 places you have to change units.."page size" and in the 'Rulers' tab.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card