Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default When I export in Xara Designer Pro 7 the jpeg includes objects outside of "paper"

So when I have a line which far outreaches my work area, it still gets included in the exported jpeg. I don't want this. What do?

Default Re: When I export in Xara Designer Pro 7 the jpeg includes objects outside of "paper"

You can choose Page in the options dialog and the export will be limited to the edge of the page. You will need to resize your page to the size you wish to export. You can create a rectangle the size you wish to export, send it to the back and press Q to clip the design into the rectangle.

Take care, Mike

Default Re: When I export in Xara Designer Pro 7 the jpeg includes objects outside of "paper"

Select the objects you want to export and then export and only that selection will be exported.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    You can choose Page in the options dialog and the export will be limited to the edge of the page. You will need to resize your page to the size you wish to export. You can create a rectangle the size you wish to export, send it to the back and press Q to clip the design into the rectangle.

Take care, Mike
    Where is the OPTIONS DIALOG? Do you mean UTILITIES>OPTIONS? And then what?

No, not the application's Options. The Bitmap export option dialog box that is used when you export.

The screen shot shows two items. One extends off the page. In the export options dialog box, it shows that the page is being exported and that the upper rectangle that extends off the page is now clipped off at the page edge.

But as I mentioned above, with this option you should resize the page to the size of what you desire included if the page size is larger than the image you desire to export.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	92713  

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    No, not the application's Options. The Bitmap export option dialog box that is used when you export.

The screen shot shows two items. One extends off the page. In the export options dialog box, it shows that the page is being exported and that the upper rectangle that extends off the page is now clipped off at the page edge.

But as I mentioned above, with this option you should resize the page to the size of what you desire included if the page size is larger than the image you desire to export.

Take care, Mike
    Solved it, thanks!