Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ivan, thanks for this splendid stuff! I never knew it was possible to bevel single lines - but it has exciting possibilites!

But XaraX is giving me a lot of trouble in this area - really weird things happen, making it hard or impossible to get what I want. I believe that the bevel engine is quite unreliable, once you start to push it a bit. (I have sent a troublesome file to Mark G. - let's hope they will look at this and fix it!)

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Hello Klaus,

(I have sent a troublesome file to Mark G. - let's hope they will look at this and fix it!)

It's true that one must be careful with this kind of stuff and I think also bevel has some problems in this area. But I must say I instinctively avoid program crashes after some trials and errors... I apologise if that may have caused little problems to someones. My new graphic board (Geforce 2 MX) has also sometimes little problems displaying textures on bevels, but after changing the zooming or the antialiasing level that goes right.

I have sent also some troublesome files with bevels to Mark in the past and of course I will send this one too despite it works fine for me.

Many thanks for your remarks!

ivan

Same here with bevel, but this works quite reliably...

try this problem: Paste some bitmap convert it toeditable shapes and change the perspective with mould too, then make it feathered. Weird things happen.

The strangest thing.. I just re-downloaded the above file, and now it works perfectly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Thanks again for the great tutorial, Ivan!

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

Hi Danny,

did you change anything in your system recently?

Kind regards,

ivan

Great ideas and thought starters Ivan.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

http://www.gwpriester.com/flag.gif

Yes, Ivan I did. I removed a couple programs, added a couple, and DEFRAGGED a couple different times. I changed nothing about Xara, though.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Just using it a lot more than I was and learning more about it.

That was the only file that ever gave me trouble in Xara.

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

Hello

You have to remember that the bevels, contours and shadows/glows are not VECTORS.

They are on the fly bitmap rendering, which take a lot of processing when complex, expecially at zooms greater than 200%. You have to be careful about the rendering dpi. Enormous files, which take a long time to process and seems as though
    Xara has locked up.

Mike Engles