Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Live Effects Help Needed - Export Issues

Hi Xara family,

I've been using XDP for a while now but every once in a while I come across something that I can't correct. My issue is using "live effects", gaussien blur, or any of the effects and then exporting as a PNG for a background or graphic for the web. Whenever I use live effects whatever the size of the object always increases such as a line blurred to add a shadow etc. An example is creating a line 2000px wide by 10px high and adding the gaussien blur effect. When I follow the process of creating a tiled background the graphic always expands in width. No issues creating tiled backgrounds when not using live effects. I got help with this several months back and now create backgrounds without a hitch. Any feedback on how to correct the problem, if it is possible, is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

Default Re: Live Effects Help Needed - Export Issues

Ok, at least with a line of 2000px that is Gaussian blurred, how long should it be? Once you add such an effect, it will be longer and taller because of the pixel displacement from the Gaussian blur. However, if I export a line that has no effects that is 2000px long, the PNG is 2000px long. However, once I set the effect of a blur, it by nature will broaden out and get thicker. It absolutely has to.

Take care, Mike

Default Re: Live Effects Help Needed - Export Issues

I think its fairly obvious that adding a shadow is apt to increase the objects overall size - right? - and blur does too because it spreads out the rendered image, as Mike said - in fact a whole raft of live effects will increase the actual size of the image for one reason or another

you can use clipview to contain the result within the required tile size [using a rectangle with no fill and no outline], but how well it will tile if it is blured to the edges is another matter...