Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: An ICC profile I can' find back in PDF export (Xara Designer Pro)

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I know of no way to find items using a particular named color
    this might work:

first make sure nothing is selected and all layers are visible and editable, then

open name gallery and go to 'used colours' - click on the circle next to the named colour you want to find and all the instances will then be selected - you can then use the layer gallery to find them
    Last edited by handrawn; 02 October 2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: fix qoute

Indeed "via" the named galeries we can get and outline the elements that are linked to this or this color...

Damned I have more than 70 colors for this unique file. Anyway a big one, but... (my layers are really more well thought and controled )
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa

My "circles" are squares...

I think this works the other way around. I cannot do it your method. But if I click on something, then the named color is highlighted in the color gallery, as well as in the layer's gallery.

Take care, Mike

@Mike :

I think handrawn uses the "name galery", not the "color galery".
    In the name galery you can, when you select a color (but a font, a bitmap... too) all the objects that are used by the color/font/bitmap appear.

I usually use this named galery to make changes on fonts, when I have a problem with italic/bold or underline problem on an obsolete font)
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa

Quote Originally Posted by stephane_fr View Post

Damned I have more than 70 colors for this unique file. Anyway a big one, but... (my layers are really more well thought and controled )
    I hope it goes well

[yes Mike name gallery...]

Heh heh. That's what I get for reading (or not) too quickly while doing other things...Mike

If you have to use a custom profile in Xara then you place that profile in "C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color" and then browse for it on the press press tab towards the bottom of that tab. Also when you are saving or exporting you can delete unused colours by selecting that option in the View tab under the page Options in you File menu.
    Design is thinking made visual.