Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Having Trouble with Slide Show Widget

Hi. I'm having trouble with the "Fade Slide Show Bottom Widget" in Designer Pro X. Look at the bottom of my page here . I have the slide show at the bottom. Notice the margins around the top and bottom of some of the pictures/diagrams. I adjusted everything so that it looked right in the widget, and there was no margins when looking at the edit screen of the widget; so, I'm not sure how to fix the problem.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? And if so, what how can I fix it?

Thanks for any and all help regarding this.

KeithH

Default Re: Having Trouble with Slide Show Widget

The trick seems to be to set both the page size and clipped image (before dragging in the new graphic)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    The trick seems to be to set both the page size and clipped image (before dragging in the new graphic)
    Thanks for the help Drwyd. I looked at your xar file and it looks like you made it look like i want. It's late now, but I will take a deeper look at how you did it tomorrow, and then fix mine. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Thanks for the help Drwyd. It seems that cropping the photo like you said seemed to do the trick. I didn't realize it at first, but when I made the diagrams in Designer Pro X and then exported them as PNG, the resulting photo became larger in dimension than the grey background. So I cropped it like you said and that seemed to help.

Support also emailed me today and said that one should never resize the widget pages; they will be adjusted to the right size upon exporting the widget. So, here are the steps I took using supports and your advice for anyone else that may be having trouble with the widget:

1. I dropped the widget onto the page
    2. I double-clicked on it to open the widget edit screen
    3. I deleted the skinny widget page (only because my photos were wide ones)
    4. I dropped my first photo on the first widget page
    5. I used the fill tool, holding down CTRL to resize the photo within the widget page
    6. I used the photo cropping tool and clipped the photo to the right size (around the grey background)
    7. I repeated steps 4 through 6 for each additional photo and widget page
    8. I previewed the widget to make sure it looked right
    9. I saved the widget, which brought it back onto my web page
    10. I previewed the web page and all worked great (thanks for your help Drwyd and support)

I hope this thread helps others. Thanks again to Drwyd and support for all your help

KeithH

Here is a xar file showing how the widget page sizes don't matter as long as the photo is cropped correctly and fit within the widget page. The magins on the widget pages when in edit mode disappear when on the web page.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KeithH; 03 October 2012 at 09:29 PM.

Glad it's sorted and cheers for the detailed solution, I've no doubt others have had the same problem