Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default web designer mx premium

hi im currently in a tickle, im creating a website for my business, but for each individual i want a profile, but instead of using full pages for profiles my aim is to create pop up layers linked to their photo's, where if a client was to click the photo, the profile of the selected picture will appear with various options embedded into it i.e Profile, Videos, Comments, Photo's etc etc kind of like an electronic business card. would i need javascript for this??? i understand it will take alot of layers and time to function it, but i am willing. im kind of a new comer to so.. will be tricky i understand..

i hope you all can understand what im asking.

Default Re: web designer mx premium

Piece of cake.

In the Page and Layer Gallery, create as many New Layers as you need.

Put the profile for each person on a separate layer.

Link your thumbnails on the MouseOff layers to the appropriate layer.

Thank you for your reply. i kind of need a step to step guidence on how to do this, are their any videos out their that i can view?
    also can i add videos and javascript to this at all?

You can add some videos. See the Help files for Video. Also, in the Help menu, there is a link to Movies. This takes you to the Xara.com site where they have a whole bunch of videos to help you get started.

Here's a brief description of how to create a new layer and to add content to this layer.

Open the Page and Layer Gallery. Click the small triangle (>) next to the page icon that you want to add layers to.

Select the MouseOver layer, then press New Layer.

Give your new layer a simple name that relates to the content, for example Joe Blow Profile.

Add your text and photos to this layer.

Select the MouseOff layer (there will be an arrow in the title bar to indicate the current layer).

Open the attached file and look at the layers to see how this works.

Select a button (that you create) or a photo that you want to use to trigger the profile layer. Click the linked chain icon on the Infobar.

In the Link menu, click Pop Up layer and select the new layer. Click Apply then click OK.

Preview the page and click the image or text to see the effect.

Repeat these steps to add more layers and more content.

Right click on a pop up Layer to open the Layer Properties menu.

In the Pop-up Settings tabbed section, un-check Close Pop-up Automatically.
    Attached Files Attached Files