Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Import/export Blues

I simply cannot get X7 to open an SVG, EPS or AI file, even the ones it saves as those formats. If I save something as an SVG I get a dialogue in some language that means nothing to me. One says Inkscape in english. If I save it that way Inkscape will open it and save it, It only works with Inkscape.
    The same applies to eps and ai. If I open an eps it works fine but if I save it in any other format X7 won't open it. Xara is MUCH too good for this to happen. The only thing I can export is a bitmap and that severely limits what I can do. I know the files aren't corrupt because Inkscape, which I'm trying to get away from, will open them and save them. OCCASIONALLY if I save something in Inkscape as a WMF X7 will open it but that's very rare. I know I've brought this up before but I've researched and tried everything I can think of.

Default Re: Import/export Blues

IIRC, XDP7 doesn't import SVG files (XDP does). And yep, the SVG export dialog requires one to be bilingual...

However, AI export and import works fine here. PDF is a pretty dang good exchange format. They all have their uses. What is it you are trying to do?

Take care, Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Import/export Blues

I believe the language on the SVG export dialogue was Finnish. This appears to have been fixed in Designer Pro X.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.