Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Am using Xara Web Designer Premium v7, and have created and uploaded a website.

The home page is called index.htm by default and when google lists the website, it comes up as index, contact us comes up as contact us but thats ok of course, just the index page.

Is there any way to change this to something else when Google finds it, like "Welcome to my site" etc.?

I have tried to add some code to the header of the index page through Web Page Properties but it only changes the tab at the very top, not the page title in Google?

Hope i've explained that ok, just wondering what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Help!

Go to Utilities/Web Properties/Page and enter a name for the page under "page title" and click "Apply".

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Go to Utilities/Web Properties/Page and enter a name for the page under "page title" and click "Apply".
    Thanks for the speedy reply.

I have assumed that the home page had to be called index.htm for it to be brought up?

I have renamed it as suggested and uploaded, once the index.htm has been removed and overwritten with another named file, the website cannot be accessed, so how would i keep it as index.htm but get the header to list it in Google as Welcome or something instead of index?
    Last edited by RinkyDinky; 20 September 2012 at 12:49 PM.

He said the page title, not the page filename. You've just renamed the page filename from index.htm (which was correct) to something else (which is incorrect and has broken your website).
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.