Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question secure login page

Is there an update in the Xara Web Designer software that offers a way to make a secure login website. Like a client login box, or even just a secure log into the website? If not, how does one do this in Xara?

Default Re: secure login page

Hello Makingspace,

Xara web desginer 7 doesnt have a login form widget which is the Xara software i am using. You havent specified which one you are using.
    Either way, i dont think any of them do. All i can say is that you can use a PLACEHOLDER to add html code to your website. Usually php is best for this. Html and php login forms can be found online in snippet code websites.

But make sure that you get the proper code. You dont want your users to go to limbo land after logging in.
    So i highly suggest looking at this:

www.html-form-guide.com/php-login-form.html

I hope this helped!

Hey thanks properez....I forgot to mention I am using Xara 8. In his forum is there a step by step guide on how to utilize a placeholder as you have noted within Xara...perhaps an example of how someone has done this before. If so could you point me to that or tell me like I am five on how to utilize a placeholder and put in the code?

thanks in advance.

Hi,

You need to detail exactly what you want the secure login form to do, and maybe somebody can help you.

If all you want is a sub-folder that is private you can use .htaccess to protect the entire sub-site.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

If all you want is a sub-folder that is private you can use .htaccess to protect the entire sub-site.
    How do I do this Frank?

Easier to post a link than writing it from scratch:

http://davidwalsh.name/password-prot...using-htaccess
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

c panel can protect directories on your server. If its an apache based one this will do it coffee cup or these two free1 free2 that are free

scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

well there are two things I would like to do:
    1. On one website, I would like to create link on a website where a client clicks and is taken to a login page. The then leads him to a "protected zone" where the content shown is only available t that client and admin of course.
    2. The other website is a private blog, where the home page has a user name/password to get in. Then the approved users put the log in info and can view the rest of the site which is otherwise protected from random users viewing.

Read the dog's post and follow the links. Also follow the link that Frank provided.

Xara is not the application you need for a private blog, unless it is just your posts that will appear with no visitor responses.

Hi Scruffy.thedog,

Do you have a example off using option free2, placed in Xara..
    How can i make this work in Xara.

thx Bé