Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How do I create a navigation for small scrolling images on a web page?

That is fantastic!!
    Thank you very much. Now I'll try to put it on the web page.

Have a nice weekend!

Default Re: How do I create a navigation for small scrolling images on a web page?

Looks great, but also it looks like that I'll have to learn a few more things ... er... like how to implement such gallery on a a web page? I downloaded xar file, opened new web page and couldn't find a way hot to put this gallery on a new site. ( it really looks so cool that I would like to implement such gallery on some of my sites - hope you don't mind?)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

That is exactly what I was concerned about. I can't put it on a web page and if I save it as a flash-file I get all of the thumbnails visible to the right of the right arrow.

if I save it as a flash-file I get all of the thumbnails visible to the right of the right arrow.
    When your saving the animation as swf make sure Page is selected in the Area to save section of the export options.
    Name:  16.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  2.7 KB

couldn't find a way hot to put this gallery on a new site.
    Once you have the swf saved to your computer. Draw a rectangle the same size as the gallery on your website page then while it is selected goto Web properties>> Placeholder>> Replace with Flash.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	92138

( it really looks so cool that I would like to implement such gallery on some of my sites - hope you don't mind?)
    I would be delighted if you or anyone else would like to use it.

I have cleaned it up a bit more flash-gallery2.xar

Thanks for all your comments

Thanks! Will look into it later.
    Now I am having a real strange problem...

I have inserted a widget on my web page. It looks fine in Xara and also shows great when I preview the page and web site. But, when I publish it the widget is not visible. However, the link from the widget is working.

I am also trying to create links from each of the images shown in the widget (gallery). Xara doesn't seem to allow separate links from the widget. Or?

Otherwise the site looks ok so far ;-)

Many thanks,
    after few trials and errors I got it working. I haven't try to publish it jet, but at the moment everything looks ok.

We look forward to seeing how you have implemented it.

Don't forget to show us!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Will do...

btw .. a week ago I refreshed my site Arsov.net - I rebuild it from scratch in XWD - and already used many things that I learned here.
    So, many thanks to all of you - the "old" web geeks that helped me to solve all those "newbie" problems.

Olledahl, you might be better off starting a new thread for your widget problem. Include the name of the widget and url to the problem page or xar file.