Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash Placeholder - how to stop looping?

Hi

I have a 10 second flash .swf file that I placed on my website. I made the movie myself using my own video camera then converted into into flash using freeware Quick Media Converter software. This has presented me with the Flash file.

I can't stop the looping and can see no way to stop it using the converter and just wondered if there was any way to do this through webdesigner, or does anyone know of any other software I could use the convert the video and not make it loop?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers.
    D.

Default Re: Flash Placeholder - how to stop looping?

I'm not sure of the answer but try this. Create a simple Flash animation in the Animation window and set the properties not to loop.

Export the Flash movie then add it to a placeholder in Web Designer. Edit the placeholder copy and there should be a line of code about looping.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm unsure how to edit placeholder copy when it is a flash file, would you be able to tell me how to do this?

I have found that the code needs to be something like this:

<EMBED SRC="Untitled-1.swf" WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="300" PLAY="true" LOOP="false"
    WMODE="opaque" QUALITY="high"

As I converted the file using QMC I don't see the code, just the file, so that is why I'm unable to alter the code. If I can alter the code when it's on webdesigner that would be great.

D.

The embed code is HTML that sits inside theplaceholder, not inside the flash. You can see that it references the swf.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    The embed code is HTML that sits inside theplaceholder, not inside the flash. You can see that it references the swf.
    Hi

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I'm still confused. I don't have an option to add flash and HTML code in the placeholder it's only one or the other, that's why I thought it was supposed to be in the flash itself. Can you tell me how to achieve what you suggest.

I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks
    D.

Take a look here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...sh-placeholder

Shapeshifter gives an example.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Take a look here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...sh-placeholder

Shapeshifter gives an example.
    Thank you pauland for suggesting this previous post and thank you shapshifter for the code, it worked perfectly, thanks again.