Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: hex overlay

I was making a pattern to for a seamless bitmap, but ended with something a little different. I drew an individual hex and replicated it into a pattern. Then applied a bitmap fill. If you look close, you'll see each one. Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was making a pattern to for a seamless bitmap, but ended with something a little different. I drew an individual hex and replicated it into a pattern. Then applied a bitmap fill. If you look close, you'll see each one. Rich

Cool image Rich. I bit large for a download but worth it.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

It is one of those things about vector graphics being the sum of the entities. Most of my drawings have been about 600K, and I have converted them to bitmap format to control the size. Since vectors are resolution independent, showing them smaller would not make any difference. I did have a problem with realising the fills. Seems the border lines were masking the fills. After zooming in, I saw this and turned the lines off. I didn't add fills in the hex so this would act as a transparent overlay with the ability to change the fills. I tried a clip view, and this worked fine. I made this once before, and trimmed to a circle. Took about a week. I have a good appreciation for clipping now. I also thought this might be something to mold onto a vase or something. Ric

The was made by making a single array of hexes and making four groups. I was able to apply bitmap fills separately, and add other color to each group. Once exported to a JPG, this was used as a bitmap fill into a drawn object. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hex_fills_with_red_dots2.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	7508  

The red and blue are the inner fills, and separate groups. The green is the matrix fill, and the black is the line drawing. Bitmap fills were applied to the groups, and produced a repeating pattern. Rich

Name:	bricks.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	15290  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I love what you are doing with that mother of pearl.

Regards, Ross

PS - Whilst others seemed to be attracted to Batman comics, as a child my favorite was Richie Rich. Forever 'affected', I can't now see the name Rich without thinking of lil' Richie. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

nice stuff your creating. Rich [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Vibrant [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Shiny [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] and Fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

I liked not only Superheroes, but I LOVED Richy Rich comics as well as Casper, Wendy, Lil Devil and Archie. So you aren't alone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I still collect to this day. I went to Lee's Comics today to get my pile of extra reading material [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (HEY, some guys like Playboy, I still like superheroes, what can I say) That pile was about 30 books (if that) $85.00 with tax, that same pile back when I was a boy was easily only about $10.00, pretty awful increase eh???

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I mask and inverted the mask, and filled with white. Then traced in Xara X to get an object the shape of the iris. The background was deleted, and the object was filled from the fill gallery. This was then placed over the pattern.

Name:	Iris_Pattern.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	18594