Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey everyone,
    I'm new to Xara, and 4 days ago I purchased Xara Webstyle.
    I made a NavBar, and it was looking very good but didn't work on my webpage !!!
    When the menu was in standalone, on a blank page, it was working very well. As soon as I added something else like a frame around a picture... it did'nt work anymore. And curiously, the main menu was displaying properly, but as soon as I was coming over a button with behind a submenu, the items of this submenu were displaying on the page on a total different place far away under the main menu?
    Can somebody help me out of this ?

Thanks a lot

Maurice

Hey everyone,
    I'm new to Xara, and 4 days ago I purchased Xara Webstyle.
    I made a NavBar, and it was looking very good but didn't work on my webpage !!!
    When the menu was in standalone, on a blank page, it was working very well. As soon as I added something else like a frame around a picture... it did'nt work anymore. And curiously, the main menu was displaying properly, but as soon as I was coming over a button with behind a submenu, the items of this submenu were displaying on the page on a total different place far away under the main menu?
    Can somebody help me out of this ?

Thanks a lot

Maurice

Hi Maurice,

I don't have Webstyle, but this sounds as it would use absolute positioning for the rollovers.

This would explain the showing up in unexpected places just when you have changed the page around the navbar.

On the other hand, it would surprise me that Xara should not have thought of that ...

Is there a link to your page that you could post here so I could have a look at it and thus help you better ??

http://www.yump.com/images/wg.gif&nbspWolfgang

I downloaded the trial and have some of the same issues with the navbar. It works fine in the inside of webstyle but when viewing with IE is does not behave the same. For me when moving off the button the submenus stay there many of the times. I've tried various versions and always the same issue for me.

I hope they see this problem in these forums and I also hold back my CD until its fixed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img](

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

I was speaking to Xara this afternoon about delivery dates for the WS3 CD and thought I'd ask the question. Apparently older verions of Netscape, including ealier releases of 6, can exhibit this problem.

IE5 and 6 are claimed to work fine with the navbars.

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

I think this is a bug. I'm not running old browsers. I have the latest IE6.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!

I tried one just now and it worked in IE6.

Does it happen when you do a browser preview within WS3?

You wouldn't happen have a link I could visit to see the effect?

Cheers!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

Sorry Graeme for the late response. I've been a little tarty with my follow up here.

Yes, when I do a browser preview from within WS3 (but not the WS3 window) using IE6 I have the problem/s. I'm sorry I don't have a link because this was discovered by generally testing and playing with the new version 3. It was not working on a production page or something that is now on line.

Thanks for your response and interest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graeme Davidson:
    I tried one just now and it worked in IE6.

Does it happen when you do a browser preview within WS3?

You wouldn't happen have a link I could visit to see the effect?

Cheers!

--
    Graeme<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!