Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: problem with custom brushes

I had found a tutorial by joke artist that worked but now it doesn't for some reason, I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep working on it and let you know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

OK I think I figured it out. Name the color. create the brush and name, draw a line and set it to the brush shape, edit the brush, now comes the part I kept missing. Move the saturation up to maybe the first mark and the hue up just a little, unless you want a multi-colored line, named colors and save. Now it works. and you have a color changing line.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi,
    I just created this brush and saved see if the color attributes can be altered.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I can't replicate the problems you guys seem to be having.

my steps are:

1) create brush shapes
    2) with brush shapes selected open colour editor and click the name tag to create a named colour I usually call it brush.
    3) create your brush
    4) edit your brush settings as desired, by default the local colours replace named colours should be selected. click save.

You should be able to draw a line with the freehand tool using your brush and click any colour on the colourline to change the colour. Scotty's brush worked perfectly fine for me, but one thing to note what is happening is that the named colour is being replaced by the line colour and all named colours in the brush will take on the new line colour so if you want multiple colours in your brush as Scotty has done you need to only have 1 named colour and any colours that you don't want to change need to be un-named.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

When I created brushes for the tree tutorial, I painted the leaves, but it wouldn't color until I went to Arrange/convert line to shape or convert to editable shapes. After I did that, I was able to color all the leaves.

If you could post a link to the tutorial I'll have a look at it and see if I can replicate the problem.

And in future when asking for help on a Xara Xone tutorial please post a link to the tutorial. There are over 15 years worth of tutorials there and it would be most helpful if we didn't have to spend time searching and guessing which tutorial you are working on
    Last edited by angelize; 23 August 2012 at 01:26 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Sorry, I thought I posted the tut addy in my first post here. Here it is: http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest35/index.html To replicate the problem just make the leaf brush, paint a leaf and try to color it without converting it It wouldn't color for me like that. But as you see in the screenshot, I got it to work by converting it. My first time working with LSVG. ~Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	91716  

Ah I see now what you are trying to do. When you apply the brush to all those little lines that LSVG produces you get individual leaves each one is a line by its self. you can convert them to editable shapes as you have done or when you create the leaves use a named colour as I said before then select the individual leaves you want to be a different colour and click the colour on the colourline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I tried it by naming the leaves like the tut said but for some reason it didn't work for me. Something I did wrong, I'm sure, since I never used the name gallery before.