Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing color of extrude

Hi,

Can you please have a look on the attached picture, in Extrude tool is there possibility to change the color of the depth dimension? My target would be just a simple brown, however also good question can be added bitmap fill on the sides? But if that would be brown instead of the current gray, that is absolutely okay for my targets, as I can see sure there is no line applied on the object so that should be controlled somewhere else

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dwood.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	91634

3d_wood.xar

thanks,

Default Re: Changing color of extrude

Hi,
    to change the color of extrude it is determined by line color so if you want brown edges just make line color brown.
    JIm
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Thanks the answer, but in this way applying line + bitmap fill on the surface, then can not be avoid that line dimension which is on the attached picture?

Name:	dim.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	91636

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Currently there is no way to have the program map a bitmap to the sides of an extrusion. There are work arounds that involve doing it manually with transparencies and or the mold tool but this is a feature that is definitely lacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Angelize thanks, never mind I will do on the way then as you described in this tutorial http://www.xaraxone.com/tips-and-tri...us-fractals/4/

Anyway finally found how to change that default grey colour in Extrude tool around the object (so it comes even there is no line width) , has to click on Show lights button and dropping the brown color to those

Name:	dropping_color_to_arrows.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	91642