Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web site launching larger than set size

Hi

I'm working on a site that is set on the page properties to 1280 wide, but when viewing it on some web browsers its defaulting to larger and I have to zoom out to make it fit.

Any tips on how to prevent this?

As always thanks for any help.

Cheers

Tim

Default Re: Web site launching larger than set size

It would help if you provide a URL to the site. No one can see what you are seeing without one.

In your browsers--btw, which ones are you testing, which ones are defaulting to a larger size?--press ctrl+0 (that is zero) to set them to 100% view. Do you still see it larger than your probably too wide of site of 1280px?

Take care, Mike

1280 px wide is very wide i think for a website. A link would realy help us understanding the problem. And in witch browsers does the page expand? Does the page containes any placeholders or other embed materials?

Sorry for the delay answering, this is the web site

http://www.milelogik.com/newsite/index.htm

I looked long and hard at sizing and its the second most common screen size.

What I will add is that on some browsers eg Chrome on a tablet it defaults to as if its zoomed in, zooming out brings it back to normal. The tablet is 1280 x 800

Another browser is fine.

All my other devices have a much bigger screen res so never show to be a problem.