Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link/export an image with imagemap

It is currently possible to generate great imagemaps in xara but as far as I can see it's not actually possible to apply an imagemap to an image in your design. ie. in html you need to add usemap="myimagemapname" to img source code so the image uses the imagemap but you can't seem to achieve this using the editor, only by editing exported code afterwards. It is possible to put the imagemap code in a placeholder there doesn't seem to be a way to link it to the image. It would be very useful if it was possible to link imagemap code to an image in the editor (maybe via web properties - link tab) and so it would export the image with working imagemap.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Default Re: Link/export an image with imagemap

http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/image_map/

I left the map rectangles with a border so they can be seen. ZIP file is here:

http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/.../image_map.zip

And contains the whole of the above, plus the XAP file and the XAR file that has the flag image and its map rectangles. Set parameters for the image map file should stick with the file. All you need to do is create the map in a new file and export. Go to the image map tab of the image export dialog. I use File as the method. It generates an htm file that I change the file path to the image of. The rest you can ferret out from the actual template-based site from, but is just the edited htm in a placeholder.

Take care, Mike

Thumbs up Re: Link/export an image with imagemap

Thanks Mike, I think I may have been going about it the wrong way. I was just putting the imagemap code (without the img tag) in a placeholder and then trying to apply it to the same image in the design. Now instead I've put all the exported imagemap source code into a placeholder and have changed the file path in the img tag as you say and it is a better way to go about it. Don't need to edit the exported files anymore. yay
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.