Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Modifying clone shape later

In Help, under Photo Clone Tool, there are a few comments, which I'm not sure if they're conflicting or I'm not reading them correctly, but I cannot seem to be able to change the clone shape...:

"After you've drawn your freehand clone shape, you can adjust the smoothness of the line. This is exactly equivalent to the Freehand tool smoothness control. This is only active immediately after you've drawn the clone shape. If you edit the clone outline using the other tools such as the Shape Editor, this control become disabled."

and

"Clone shapes are normal vector editable shapes, and once selected you can switch into any of the normal line or shape editing tool to make further adjustments of the outline."

and

"A photo with clone edits, is stored as a new 'Photo Group' structure. This acts like a normal photo for many purposes (you can resize it, rotate it, enhance it etc, and it will act as a single photo object). But using 'select inside' (Ctrl+click) or using the Page & Layer Gallery to view the group structure, you can select and edit the individual clone objects within the Photo Group."

Thx,
    Geof

Default Re: Modifying clone shape later

What your first paragraph means is after you have drawn the clone shape, you can use the Smoothing slider to smooth the exterior of the shape, in the same manner as if you were using the Freehand and Brush Tool. But this Smoothing control is only available immediately after you have drawn the shape.

That said, I just tried this in Designer 7 Pro and I find this is not true. If you deselect the Clone Tool, then reselect a cloned section with the Clone Tool, you still have the smoothing and resizing functions.

Now, I'm confused.

Is there something specific you are trying to do that you cannot?

What seems to become disabled is the ability to adjust the nodes of the outline with the clone tool if one uses say the shape tool. One can still use the shape tool to move the nodes, but the smooth, etc, functions of the clone tool are still active.

Take care, Mike

Ha! You are both correct. Mike, that was what I was seeking - thanks both!