Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is the newest version of Xara Designer Pro 64 bit?

24x18 is not large
    but 24x18 what ? - you don't say

inches, metres, football pitches ?

you don't even say what the resolution actually is... without which, as a definition of size, 24x18 would still be totally meaningless even if the units had been stated

if the units are inches and the resolution 300dpi then that's 7200x5400 which held uncompressed in memory is around 111MB or so

BTW If you want Xara to take note, 'Dear Xara' is the forum

EDIT - I see Mike has crept in before me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Is the newest version of Xara Designer Pro 64 bit?

And to add...

I have an DPX sample banner I scaled to 20% size. As printed, it is a 24' x 8' banner. The background is full-sized. It is to be viewed at a minimum of 8'. The resulting PDF is 306 megabytes. No issues other than output to PDF was a tad slow. And following designing, I did have to exit and restart Xara in order to output the PDF, likely do to a couple deletions of the background image and reimporting. Speaking of which, I should add a Dear Xara post to include a button for clearing the undo buffer...

The background image is 27,648 pixels x 9,216 pixels and was output at 96 dpi. Once placed and sized, the effective resolution in Xara was 478 ppi if I recall correctly. The XAR file is about 44 megabytes.

But a 24" x 18" poster? at 100% scale when viewed at 2' distance (think smallish movie poster), the PPI of a full-sized background image when output to 150 lpi should be not less than an effective PPI of 290 and not more than an effective PPI of 400. Either of which Xara handles quite well.

Take care, Mike