Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is the newest version of Xara Designer Pro 64 bit?

Good day.

I'm curious if the newest version of Xara Designer Pro 64 bit?

If not, why and when will a 64 bit version be released?

I'm currently using XDP 6 and don't plan to upgrade until then.

Thanks,
    Carl

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Default Re: Is the newest version of Xara Designer Pro 64 bit?

No, and one hopes this support will be added in the next version.

Hi,
    As Gary says no but I have it installed on a 64Bit system with a geForce 560ti graphic card and it seems to be a little faster than when on
    my 32Bit system.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I too have DPX installed on a 64 Bit system and I think it runs a bit faster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'm curious about why the 64bit support is seen as being THE reason to upgrade, but not the actual feature set?

Do you find the 32bit software slow?

Paul, I don't think it has as much to do with speed as accessibility to more memory. Is that what you think Carl?

Thank you all for your posts.

Yes Gary, that's exactly it.

I'm currently running XDP on Windows 7 64 bit OS. For most part I like XDP performance on my computer. I have other issues with XDP, but that's another post.

I'm finding it difficult deal with the memory limitations of a 32 bit app that can't take advantage of my extra memory and 64 bit OS.

I did find a thread by Xhris with a link to download a nice utility that allowed Xara to expand and utilized some extra memory, but I would like to see Xara be fully 64 bit. If I can find it again, I'll reference it in this thread for future seekers.

I have need to do some large output and the memory limitations were about killing me. I started looking for alternatives to Xara because of it.

I couldn't find any information on a 64 bit version of XDP so I thought I would ask the community.

I would like Xara corporate to comment on this as well.

Thanks for the info!
    Carl

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

I have two 64-bit applications for vector work (well, three if one includes the vector abilities of PhotoLine). The better known application--the Adobe one--does have some nice features (ones I wish were in Xara) and can handle larger work than the previous 32-bit version. But it is not a panacea for memory limitations. If I had some work in front of me doing large-scale exposition banners, vehicle wraps and the like, I would still opt for doing them at scale. Perhaps a larger scale than I can do in Xara, but scaled nonetheless.

Just my thoughts. Mike

I agree Mike. I too have an arsenal of vector apps, including the Adobe app who's name shall not be mentioned. The 32 bit apps can't take advantage of the memory space available to my 64 bit OS though. That's all I really want.

I found a great post by Xhris - http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...emoval-utility

This little utility helped a lot.

All I wanted to do was to output a simple 24x18 to PDF for printing on coroplast. Vector images, no problem, but if you need add a raster image at a resolution high enough for printing, at the required resolution by my vendor, Xara runs out of memory. Not necessary a limitation of Xara itself, but the 32 bit architecture. 24x18 is not large.

I want a native 64 bit version of Xara. I don't ask for much, he said tongue and cheek.

Carl

Red

Hello Red--I am curious about something...

On this 24x18 poster, what was their desired image resolution?

I have done 24' and tested up to 40'.

Take care, Mike