Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDF Document Size

I have a number of PDF documents which open after clicking on a link. They open just fine with one exception:

They are opening up at 150% - 200% of their original size, forcing the reader to reduce the size. Is there something in WD8 MX Premium that can control the size of the PDF on opening or is that something that needs to be controlled with HTML in a placeholder?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Default Re: PDF Document Size

Dave..

I don't think Xara can change the size of PDF file but you might want to look at a program called PrimoPDF www.primopdf.com..

This program will reduce PDF's file size.

Walt

Hi Walt,

The file size isn't an issue... it's that the PDF's open at 150-200% of actual screen size... like when you zoom in on the document... which forces the viewer to zoom back out to 100% or less of screen size. I just need to control the viewing size when the documents open... thinking it will require something in HTML in a placeholder... just not sure.

Thanks,

Dave
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"

I believe Xara and most or all applications that are not able to set the view are set to Default. Open a PDF in Reader or Acrobat, select Properties in the file menu. That will show you the PDF view as created in the PDF.

Take care, Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the clue. I went into Acrobat Reader and opened one of the documents. I then went to the Acrobat toolbar, clicked "View" and put a check on "Height". I then opened my Xara website, exported it and tried all the PDF links... and Success! They all opened to full size based on the 8.5 x 11 height, which is actually 82% actual size. They were opening at 198% actual size.

Thanks!

Now, I know it all depends on how each computer is setup to view documents when they are opened, but at least for now, I can demo the website on the 19th and not have to scale back each page.

BTW, where in Oregon are you?

Dave
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"

Hi Dave--Forest Grove. Just a hop, skip and a jump from you. Lived and worked in Tualatin when we first got married. Lived for a spell in Sherwood too, but that was back 1977.

Glad it's working as desired!

Take care, Mike