Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Looking for suggestion to allow viewers to post comments

My client (http://precisionmarbleinc.com/index.htm) is interested in allowing customers to post comments on his website. His exact words are "Is there a way to have a place where customers can go on my website and comment like a testimonials or customer reviews??". My first though is a forum but I'm not sure if this the best method.

Has anybody done something similar? I would think that somebody would need to review the comments, flush out the negative comments, make any necessary corrections, etc. I'm looking for suggestions!
    jgt

Default Re: Looking for suggestion to allow viewers to post comments

Your client needs to think twice about this. He may not get the comments he thinks he will get.

If he wishes to gather comments from existing customers, why not do it via email, or at least just a form, you can then update the site accordingly.

He definitely does not want uncontrolled posting onto his website, if he has any sense!

Default Re: Looking for suggestion to allow viewers to post comments

I agree. You really do not want un-moderated comments for this application. A quick search on Google came up with numerous options for real-time comment systems, but that is probably not what you want. However, one example: http://disqus.com/ There are ways to embed Facebook comments as well. Some solutions require installing scripted apps (PHP, ASP, etc) with database connectivity. A comment system could work if it could be configured to allow moderation, i.e. the posted comments would remain unpublished until approved by a moderator/admin.

A better approach would be to, as Paul suggested, collect the testimonials and add to the testimonial page directly. Either the web designer would add them or, a simple CMS app could be used for that page so that the site owner could login and make changes with disrupting the page design.