Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sliding Content.

Hi There,

I have a site with all the pages looking fine.
    I need 1 more page now to set as the index.htm

On the index page I need the company logo to slide in from the right and stay in a fixed position. Then I need "Welcome" to slide in from the left to a certain position, then fade and be replaced with "Enter Site"

Any ideas how I can acheive this.

Thanks for your help.

Steve.

Default Re: Sliding Content.

You can probably do this by creating a Flash animation and named objects. File > New... Animation.

Please let us know what product you are using and add this to your Profile. It's helps the moderators to know what product we are addressing.

I don't know about others but I find the need to click on a Enter Site button quite unnecessary and pointless. I like to be straight into the site.

I agree Miko but this may be a client request and as we know, the client is always right, even when he is totally wrong.

Also, search engines look for content on the home page and use this content to qualify the page for a search. So a simple landing page with a link to enter, while simple and direct, is not really a great idea.

Another option Steve is a page redirect. Towards the top of the forum topic for Xara Web Design chat, is
    [tweaks] The tweakset for Web Designer 7 Premium

In this set is one called Redirect. It loads the index page and then after a period of time, which you can change by editing the placeholder text, automatically loads another page.

My opinion on landing pages and seo, search engines search the whole site and use the most relevant page in the search results so as far as I am concerned it does not matter what is on the index page as long as the page title is ok, as an example I did a website recently and it has just been online a month or so but for the search term makeup and styling london (quite a competitive term) it is the third website down (not listing though as another site has 6 pages listed; London College of Arts website). And on the index.htm page it has a full width photo, a png logo and 'Enter' and that is all. The site has not had any seo with the exception of submitting it to google, a sitemap and some on page seo and most importantly the keyword in the domain name. The client is very happy and has thousands of hits already.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

That's good to know.