Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not liking pro 7

Hi, I am having trouble with publishing my site ever since going to pro 7. Now I get a blank screen. I have done it a million times with older versions, it just doesnt want to work now. If anyone has a min, please have a look, its just a blank screen. Thanks, Mike
    http://www.chowardcompany.com

Default Re: Not liking pro 7

I like it ... very Zen

We may need more information

Sorry, I had to vent.
    I export my site to my desktop, all pages, and index folder. then use filezilla to publish. I am doing it the same way i allways have and thats why its frustrating me. I have an index.html and the index folder is index_htm_files. Those are default, I didnt change them. Thats how xara exports the site. Im just not sure.
    Mike

I've not heard of Pro, I have Web Designer Premium 7 (if that's what you mean?) When you say blank screen do you mean the background / pastboard is gone and you see white? I have that problem with WDP7 but it's easy to fix if not a little annoying.

http://www.xara.com/uk/
    Xara Designer Pro is the program 'with everything' - all the web Designer features, and the graphics and print tools as well
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Boy that green on the home page is bright. You don't think you could tone it down a bit? My eyes are sore from looking at it in contrast to the bright magenta. While the product packaging is much more subdued.

Your buttons have no rollover states. I suspect when you imported your pages, you did not have your layers import set up to place (and I can never remember or make sense out of the options) items on layers on equivalent layers.

I have seen this happen often but my memory will not retain the correct option.

But if your buttons worked before, then now all button states are probably on the same layer.

Hmm Does it export to the Hard drive ok ? and will it publish from within WD/DP ?

Well, It seems like its not exporting right. I did the "export website" and thought it was ok. I was getting the blank white screen. Then I tried to publish from the program "pro 7" and it cant connect, but it exports before trying. I noticed it exports different files that way. I tried those files and got the site back up. Its not right but its better than blank screen. Just missing some pics. I could never get it to publish from xara, so I just use the filezilla to ftp the exported files. So It does seem to be exporting issue. I am looking into the placeholders I have. I have them on the side of the page, just a blank box with a placeholder. May be screwing this up.
    Thanks, Mike

Does the site work in preview mode (Press F12 or the icon with the eyeball and two pages)?

Have you tried publishing to your desktop folder using the Export Website icon (HTML) on the Infobar?

Hi all, Still having this issue. I tried preview mode and everything is fine. I exported with the icon and ng. Every time I republish it loses different pics. There allways not the same pics missing. I think I may have to uninstall and reinstall pro 6 which was working great. Mike