Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Graphic image missing when I post to the web & text flow is weird

Reference http://precisionmarbleinc.com/contactus.htm
    When I view this page in any browser on any of my systems I see that the graphic image is missing and the text flow is weird. When I view the page in XWD8 it looks great. If I use the preview button in the toolbar I don't see the image and the text flow is weird. The image that is missing is an animated gif. On the home page I have an animated gif and it works. I've attached the animated gif that is not appearing on the page.Name:  cambrfia-product3.gif
Views: 163
Size:  108.2 KB
    jgt

Default Re: Graphic image missing when I post to the web & text flow is weird

Text flow looks weird - in what sense?

The animated gif - probably hasn't made it to the server. I would say that is for the better, because it would drive me crazy and send visitors away from your site. I recommend that you ditch it. If you want to display the images, just create a mini gallery of them.

The "contact us" shadow is way too far from the text - it looks untidy.

"Email:" in front of the underlined links - do we really need that in 2012? I think users know what a link looks like. Spambots will be able to read those links quite nicely..

[ just noticed - the gallery - dates on the images from seven years ago - doesn't give confidence about recent work - remove the dates. I'd also consider cropping out the lady who looks less than delighted with the work, or ditching that image altogether. ]
    Last edited by pauland; 02 August 2012 at 10:43 AM.

Text flow looks weird - in what sense?
    See the highlighted areas in the following, the text should be flowing in these areas or so I think???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TextFlowOnContactUsPg.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	91288
    The animated gif - probably hasn't made it to the server. I would say that is for the better, because it would drive me crazy and send visitors away from your site. I recommend that you ditch it. If you want to display the images, just create a mini gallery of them.
    I quickly looked and could not find the individual images so I just took a couple of others. I'll break out the images from the gif later.
    The "contact us" shadow is way too far from the text - it looks untidy.
    I tweaked the position on all pages, most were off.
    "Email:" in front of the underlined links - do we really need that in 2012? I think users know what a link looks like. Spambots will be able to read those links quite nicely.
    Done
    [ just noticed - the gallery - dates on the images from seven years ago - doesn't give confidence about recent work - remove the dates. I'd also consider cropping out the lady who looks less than delighted with the work, or ditching that image altogether. ]
    Good point! I'll have to either photoshop the current images or get the client to supply new images.

Great feedback! Thanks!!
    jgt

I'd also consider cropping out the lady who looks less than delighted with the work, or ditching that image altogether.
    OK I missed that one and I don't see the image with the lady. Which image is it? In the past I used PhotoShop to remove any people some of the images still need to be tweaked.
    jgt

Quote Originally Posted by jgt1942 View Post
    OK I missed that one and I don't see the image with the lady. Which image is it? In the past I used PhotoShop to remove any people some of the images still need to be tweaked.
    The second image of the installation pictures. She's not happy!

I just noticed the avocado (green) bath - they were popular in the UK many years ago but became highly unfashionable. I'm not sure if they're making a comeback but if I had a choice, I'd ditch it. I might be completely wrong.

The second image of the installation pictures. She's not happy!
    I cannot tell you the number of times I looked at that darn picture and never saw her! DUH!!!!
    I just noticed the avocado (green) bath - they were popular in the UK many years ago but became highly unfashionable. I'm not sure if they're making a comeback but if I had a choice, I'd ditch it. I might be completely wrong.
    Same here in the US! You are correct this should go!
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jgt

The more I look at the gallery..

The later pictures don't expand.

Several images have a yellow cast because of the domestic lighting. Ideally these should have some work done on them to try and give a more natural look.

Pauland, thanks for catching the problem with the images not showing larger. I just applied the fix and then realized that the images are crap. I've notified the client (we need new high quality images) and I'm waiting for him to reply. Last week I sent him an email regarding the issues you and others pointed out. He did respond but totally ignored my questions. I need to follow-up with him. This week I'm busy teaching and don't have time to make a personal visit.

I can PhotoShop the images with the domestic lighting, assuming the client want to have them fixed or if I get the time (ha-ha) I can do it for free.
    jgt