Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fine Ceramic Tiles - finceramictiles.co.uk

Excellent product for dashing off a quality looking site in a short time

My only issue with Xara is the template widths here in UK I dont know anyone with a screen smaller than 17"

http://fineceramictiles.co.uk

Default Re: Fine Ceramic Tiles - finceramictiles.co.uk

Nice site though I would have used mouse over links to the pop up layers instead of regular links. Nit picky, for sure.

My only issue with Xara is the template widths here in UK I dont know anyone with a screen smaller than 17"
    What about people viewing your site on tablets? Or mobile devices.

I agree with gwpriester about the pics. For 5 or so pics it's alright but 15 pics on the gallery is a bit labour intenstive for a user, if they could scroll their mouse across and they automatically enlarge would be better. There's a "new item" drop down off the Gallery navbar button, you might want to remove if not to be used.

In my opinion as your business is tiles then the symetrical nature of tiling is ideal for a Pasteboard background, be carefull with your colour choices. The site is mostly grey so not too strong background. Maybe something like the Blue tiles pic on your home page.

Otherwise good site, you've made good use of the template. If your happy with it take your time with technicalities of new stuff and evolve over time.

I'm sat on a 15.6" laptop. I would really have your site width set to 955px. The gallery is fine for me and the site loads fast. I would agree with arpeggio above and think about toning down the grey, perhaps white background to convey a sense of cleanliness.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Just found some seamless textures here while looking for seamless sky for myself, 2nd and 3rd down are some tiles. 13th down "Nails - Seamless pattern" looks impressive to be seamless. There's plenly more interesting seamless textures on this guys flickr account too.

http://zooboingreview.blogspot.co.uk/

Just save the file then drag and drop into xara onto the pastboard while holding down the ctrl key.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebro View Post
    here in UK I dont know anyone with a screen smaller than 17"
    Everybody I know has a 15" laptop. I'm the only one with a 17" laptop and desktops seem to be falling out of fashion.

Strictly speaking, screen size doesn't necessarily relate to screen resolution. My old 15" laptop had a higher resolution screen than my 17" laptop.

As Gary said, many people have tablets now and you just can't assume that the world is populated with large screens.

Very nice and shiny website. I like the custom nav-buttons on the left side in the "rooms" section.