Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: page links not working in Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    See if this helps. I recreated the buttons from your current site. The file buttons.web has a functioning button bar.

The file Starter Button has a single button that you can use to create a new Nav Bar for your website.

The drop down buttons use the Menu Style options. If you want to replicate your current Nav bar you will need to do this with layers. If you need help doing this we can help.
    Basically I think I did what you are suggesting. After I found the section in the help file I went to the "Designs gallery", expanded "Page Elements", expanded "Navigation Bars" found one that is close to what I currently have and double-clicked on it.
    In the new page that opened I select the new navbar, copied it to the clipboard, switched to my site and pasted the clipboard to the test-menu page. I then modified the text, links and added the necessary buttons. This results is what you see on http://precisionmarbleinc.com/test-menu.htm (see my last post for current issues)

Yes I'd like to replicate my current navbar and would GREATLY appreciate the help. Most likely I will move slowly because of the learning curve (it is difficult to teach on old dog new tricks) plus my work load with other projects. THANKS!!!!
    jgt

Is it correct to assume that any page positioned before the index page will NOT get published?
    It will get published but if a url is specified without a file (i.e. domainname.com rather than domainname.com/about.htm) then the server will look for a default file to send. Usually something like index.htm, index.html, index.php, default.htm, home.htm etc.

I left the navbar from the introduction.xar file and I still don't know how to change the green background.
    Open the navigation menu, Un-check adjust button width to labels, ctrl+click one of the button backgrounds and set your colour, go back to your nav menu and re-check the adjust button width to labels box.

The links in the new navbars (both on test-menu) at the first level don't work for me in Chrome on my desktop (this is the system I've first had the Chrome issue) but they do work on my other PCs thus the issue is really Chrome on my desktop
    Is your Chrome browser up to date ?

Open the navigation menu, Un-check adjust button width to labels, ctrl+click one of the button backgrounds and set your colour, go back to your nav menu and re-check the adjust button width to labels box.
    OK I'm doing something wrong.
    1. Open the navigation menu, this I did
    2. Un-check adjust button width to labels, this changed the background to small equal size boxes for the background
    3. ctrl+click one of the button backgrounds and set your colour, here is where I seem to get into trouble, when I ctrl+click all I see is the title in the "Navigation Bar Properties" window flash and I cannot change any colors.
    4. go back to your nav menu and re-check the adjust button width to labels box.
    OK I think I got it
    1. After step 2 in the above I clicked OK in the Navigation Bar Properties window
    2. Then I ctrl+click one of the button backgrounds
    3. Then I right-clicked the selected item and selected Fill Color
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XWD Color Editor.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	91267
    4. In the color editor window I clicked on the drop down (see the label A) and selected my color
    5. I then clicked on the pencil (see label B) and then clicked the Create button - at this point all five backgrounds were the same color
    6. I then closed the Color Editor
    7. Double-clicked on the navbar to open the "Navigation Bar Properties" window and then re-check the adjust button width to labels box.
    8. Now the background is correct.
    Was this the correct action?

Ref the Chrome issue - I have "20.0.1132.57 m" installed which is the same version as on my other systems. I must have installed some add-in in Chrome that is creating an issue. Yesterday I installed an update for EZ (preview pop-up for links) and it immediately created pop-up issues for me and I quickly uninstalled it. Possibly I should just uninstall Chrome and re-install.
    jgt

The pencil button (B) is the name tag icon and is used for creating a named color.

If your buttons look right and are working OK then you did the correct action.

I had a problem with Chrome with the menu as I mentioned, the drop down menu dropped down in the wrong place. So the problem might have to do with an incompatibility between your original navigation bar and Chrome.

After step 2 in the above I clicked OK in the Navigation Bar Properties window
    I omitted that bit

Glad you got it sorted

OK This drop down menu may be too difficult and if so, that's OK. I have done this for a long time and I still have a hard time with it.

Open the attached .XAR file and preview the page.

The Company main menu button links to a layer called Company Menu. On this layer are individual buttons and each button links to a new and separate layer. The links for these buttons are Mouse-Over links (Website Properties > Mouse-Over > Show Pop-up Layer). On the separate layers are duplicate buttons but the text has been changed to white to create a mouse over effect.

These buttons are not linked to # just to make them work in preview. On your site, each button would link to the appropriate page.

Ack! I also did not attach the menu buttons or the individual button. I have attached them here.

The starter button has a mouse over state and is soft grouped to the mouse off button.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Drwyd - I've been attempting to better understand the background color change but I've run into trouble again. When I open the color editor and select my color it shows the color I picked in the color editor but it does not always change the background.

I then found "The easiest way to create a new color is to select the hue along the bottom color strip. All possible shades of this hue are then shown in the top section, so just click or drag in the top section to select the new color. You'll notice the selected objects change color as you adjust them in the color editor (called "live preview")." in the help file and this seems to work MUCH better or at least for me it does.

However now I cannot get the color to change on the other buttons unless I select each button and go through the color change. What is the magic trick to change all of the button backgrounds with one action?
    jgt

It looks like the leftmost button is the master control. Editing any other only changes that individual background.

That was my observation as well. This applied to color and font, style, size, etc. too.

Very handy