Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How Can I make a Sliding panel

Hi. I would like to have a picture on my web page. Then, when I role over the picture, a panel with text on it will slide up into view from the bottom of the picture. How can I do this? or is this even possible? (I did't see a widget in the design gallery).

Default Re: How Can I make a Sliding panel

Hi

You can put the text on another layer then link to it from the picture via web properties link to layer and beside the link you can add 'effect' slide up but this will be from the edges of the page. Fade in effect may be better/simpler as it can be made to fade in over the lower say 1/4 of the picture e.g. white text soft grouped over a black rectangle with 70% transparency on the layer 1. If you want the text and the box to suddenly expand upwards you would probably need to be using Jquery script again (viz your accordian post) but as Drwyd said in your accordion post it requires much more work rather than simple placeholders.

Scruffy
    Last edited by scruffy.thedog; 21 July 2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: more info
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

You can see here and here how Jq scripts can be incorporated in xara

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    Hi

You can put the text on another layer then link to it from the picture via web properties link to layer and beside the link you can add 'effect' slide up but this will be from the edges of the page. Fade in effect may be better/simpler as it can be made to fade in over the lower say 1/4 of the picture e.g. white text soft grouped over a black rectangle with 70% transparency on the layer 1. If you want the text and the box to suddenly expand upwards you would probably need to be using Jquery script again (viz your accordian post) but as Drwyd said in your accordion post it requires much more work rather than simple placeholders.

Scruffy
    Hi Scruffy,

Thanks for the help. I tried out your advice about adding a layer over the photo that faded into view. That would pretty good. I would have like to have it slide up from the bottom of the picture the most, but the faded look that you described worked really good; so, thank you very much.

I took a look at the other links of the Jq scripts incorporated into Xara. They look very nice, but I wouldn't know where to begin, or how to add them. I wish there was a simple extension or widget to add them.

Keith
    Last edited by KeithH; 22 July 2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: typo

Slide from the side may be better/easier as I've done here:

http://www.rhok.com.au/wheel%20lights.htm