Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How Can I Add a Jquery Accordian Widget to my WebSite?

Hi. I would like to know if it is possible to add a Jquery accordian widget to my website? If it is could someone please give me a detailed explanation on how to do so?

Thanks,

Default Re: How Can I Add a Jquery Accordian Widget to my WebSite?

There are many of these provided in the Designs Gallery (if you're using Web Designer Premium or Designer Pro).

In the latest version look under Designs Gallery > Page Elements > Photos > Photo Slideshows as well as Page Elements > Content Slideshows.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    There are many of these provided in the Designs Gallery (if you're using Web Designer Premium or Designer Pro).

In the latest version look under Designs Gallery > Page Elements > Photos > Photo Slideshows as well as Page Elements > Content Slideshows.
    Yes, I saw those widgets in the program, but as you saw from my previous thread, I cannot use the one in the program because it doesn't work correctly. That is why I want and will have to add a Jquery accordian. Do you know how to add one?

Hi Keith

What you propose would not be easy. Definitely not as easy as copying and pasting code. The design and behaviour of the accordion would have to be defined with code rather than with Xara's editor so you would need to be familiar with HTML/CSS/JQuery.

If your widget does not work properly perhaps you should re install??? or do you mean the xara version does not perform/ have the functionality that the Jquery has?

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    If your widget does not work properly perhaps you should re install??? or do you mean the xara version does not perform/ have the functionality that the Jquery has?

Scruffy
    Hi. I posted an earlier thread on this forum with a xar file showing my problem. This will explain what I mean
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...cordian-Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Hi Keith

What you propose would not be easy. Definitely not as easy as copying and pasting code. The design and behaviour of the accordion would have to be defined with code rather than with Xara's editor so you would need to be familiar with HTML/CSS/JQuery.
    Thanks for the help. I was hoping it would be easier than this